Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors completing a 5th year.
- UM Deadline: None
- National Deadline: End of November
- Endorsement: Not required.
RISE Germany offers undergraduate students from the US the opportunity to complete an REU summer research internship at top German universities and research institutions. RISE Germany is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Someone interested in conducting research and experiencing research and culture in Germany. Students are matched with a host university or institute according to their area of interest (biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, engineering, or a closely related field) German language is not required and the working language will be in English. Host universities, universities of applied sciences (UAS) and institutes provide housing assistance and match students with Ph.D. student mentors or researchers.
DAAD provides students with a monthly stipend for three months (minimum of 10 weeks) to help cover living expenses. This includes: health-, accident and private liability insurance, a three day meeting of all RISE interns in Heidelberg at the beginning of July in Germany, limited travel within Germany, assistance with international travel costs, and for those who plan to attend an accompanying language course in Germany, DAAD will cover 70 % of course-fees (max. 500 Euros).
- The application is submitted completely online through the RISE database.
- Register and login to access the internship database. Complete the online application form and upload all necessary documents. Please check the list of application documents you must submit at the Application portal.
- The internship database is open between October 15 to November 30.
- Currently enrolled at UM, as an undergraduate student in the field of biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth sciences or engineering (or a closely related field)
- be an undergraduate who will have completed at least 2 years of a degree program by the time of the internship placement
- prove that you will maintain undergraduate status after the internship has taken place
The key to a strong application is…START EARLY! Follow these steps to schedule your appointment!
- Each award description in the handbook or website includes eligibility, a description, application procedures, and links to videos/webinars.
- Some awards identify “institutional endorsement required” or “institutional endorsement recommended”. In order to be endorsed by ONSA and the university of Mississippi you must have a complete application by the campus deadline.
STEP 2: Complete the Fellowship Interest Form (required)
STEP 3: Make an appointment with a Fellowship Advisor (strongly recommended)
STEP 4: If you apply for a national fellowship, you will need to complete the Nomination Permission Form and Waiver (required)