Rising seniors and graduates
The mission of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is to attract the most promising future leaders from all disciplines and geographies. As a scholar, you will broaden your knowledge, develop skills, and strengthen your character; this will prepare you to effect positive change.
There are three criteria:
- Independence of Thought: Exhibits first-step mental sharpness; Seeks out knowledge and new experiences; Full of original ideas; Makes sense of ambiguity; Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
- Purposeful Leadership: Ambitious, in the best sense; Driven to improve self; Able to bring others along; Self-aware; Persistent and resilient
- Civic Mindset: Personally, humble and kind; Supportive and accountable; Embraces difference; Concerned for and helpful to others
Applicants must submit two applications:
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars online application
- Stanford graduate program application (Deadline will vary by program.)
You can only be selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar if a graduate program admits you to Stanford. The graduate program, however, may admit you to Stanford even if you are not selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar.
- A citizen of any country.
- Received your undergraduate degree in or after 2015.
- You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in a full-time graduate program(s) at Stanford or if you plan on pursuing a joint- and dual- graduate degree options.
Videos and Workshops:
There are many things you can do to become competitive for such awards. It all starts with becoming engaged with your classes, your professors, and your community–starting your freshman year!
The key to a strong application is…START EARLY! Follow these steps to schedule your appointment!
STEP 1: Look through the Handbook or Website to identify potential awards.
- Each award description in the handbook or website includes eligibility, a description, application procedures, and links to videos/webinars.
- Some awards identify “institutional endorsement required” or “institutional endorsement recommended”. In order to be endorsed by ONSA and the university of Mississippi you must have a complete application by the campus deadline.
STEP 2: Complete the Fellowship Interest Form (required)
STEP 3: Make an appointment with a Fellowship Advisor (strongly recommended)
STEP 4: If you apply for a national fellowship, you will need to complete the Nomination Permission Form and Waiver (required)