Schwarzman Scholars is a fully-funded, one-year master’s degree and leadership program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. At the heart of the program are world-renowned advisers, a rigorous and innovative study of global affairs, and hands-on exploration of Chinese culture and commerce.
Scholars receive full tuition and fee coverage in addition to accommodation, in-country study tour, flights to and from Beijing, books and supplies, health insurance and a stipend for personal expenses.
Schwarzman Scholars embrace the opportunity to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions. Candidates must exhibit excellence in the following areas:
- Leadership Abilities
- Exemplary Character & Integrity
- Academic Aptitude & Intellectual Ability
- Empathy & Intercultural Competency
- Open Mindedness
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Completed online application (including personal background information, a leadership essay and statement of purpose).
- Three letters of recommendation and proof of citizenship needed.
- Must be 18-25 possessing and degree by August of the year of application.
Videos and Workshops:
Schwarzman spotlight videos (from applications, meet the graduates to discussions with alumni)
There are many things you can do to become competitive for such awards. It all starts with becoming engaged with your classes, your professors, and your community–starting your freshman year!
The key to a strong application is…START EARLY! Follow these steps to schedule your appointment!
STEP 1: Look through the Handbook or Website to identify potential awards.
- Each award description in the handbook or website includes eligibility, a description, application procedures, and links to videos/webinars.
- Some awards identify “institutional endorsement required” or “institutional endorsement recommended”. In order to be endorsed by ONSA and the university of Mississippi you must have a complete application by the campus deadline.
STEP 2: Complete the Fellowship Interest Form (required)
STEP 3: Make an appointment with a Fellowship Advisor (strongly recommended)
STEP 4: If you apply for a national fellowship, you will need to complete the Nomination Permission Form and Waiver (required)