Rising seniors and graduates (Institutional Endorsement Required)
Campus Deadline: August 15, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. CST
The Rhodes Scholarships, established in 1902, were designed to bring outstanding students from across the world to study at Oxford University in the interests of promoting international understanding and public service. Rhodes Scholars are young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to the service of others, and show promise to be value-driven leaders for the world’s future. Rhodes provides full funding for two or three years, depending on degree program.
There are four criteria to assess Rhodes Scholars:
- literary and scholastic attainments;
- energy to use one’s talents to the full;
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship;
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
- Each country has different applications procedures- see below
- For US applicants:
- Full application (including Passport/Birth certificate, official transcript, full CV, passport photos, a personal statement)
- At least 6 letters of recommendation letters plus institutional endorsement
- For US citizens: Applicants must not have reached 24th birthday.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study as a Rhodes Scholar.
- GPA of 3.7 or higher.
- See individual country eligibility requirements here.
Endorsement by Office of National Scholarships (Dr. Ibrahim)
Videos and Workshops:
There are many things you can do to become competitive for such awards. It all starts with becoming engaged with your classes, your professors, and your community–starting your freshman year!
The key to a strong application is…START EARLY! Follow these steps to schedule your appointment!
- Each award description in the handbook or website includes eligibility, a description, application procedures, and links to videos/webinars.
- Some awards identify “institutional endorsement required” or “institutional endorsement recommended”. In order to be endorsed by ONSA and the university of Mississippi you must have a complete application by the campus deadline.
STEP 2: Complete the Fellowship Interest Form (required)
STEP 3: Make an appointment with a Fellowship Advisor (strongly recommended)
STEP 4: If you apply for a national fellowship, you will need to complete the Nomination Permission Form and Waiver (required)