The Yenching Academy of Peking University aims to build bridges between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies. The Yenching Academy provides full fellowships to its scholars, and offers them a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within broadly defined fields of the humanities and social sciences. Working closely with their academic mentors, Yenching Scholars create their own study paths by choosing courses from six research areas. They participate in a variety of extracurricular activities and field studies, organized by the Yenching Academy, and designed by scholars themselves. Studying at the Academy is an exceptional opportunity to take part in intercultural exchanges and interdisciplinary learning, developing both personally and professionally.
- Full online application (Personal statement; Statement of Research Interest; Curriculum Vita; Official transcript(s); Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment)
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2022;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
Videos and Workshops:
Yenching Academy Virtual Information Sessions: Politics and International Studies;
Yenching Academy Virtual Information Sessions: Law and Society;
Yenching Academy Virtual Information Sessions: Economics and management
Yenching Academy Virtual Information Sessions: Literature, culture, history and religion
There are many things you can do to become competitive for such awards. It all starts with becoming engaged with your classes, your professors, and your community–starting your freshman year!
The key to a strong application is…START EARLY! Follow these steps to schedule your appointment!
STEP 1: Look through the Handbook or Website to identify potential awards.
- Each award description in the handbook or website includes eligibility, a description, application procedures, and links to videos/webinars.
- Some awards identify “institutional endorsement required” or “institutional endorsement recommended”. In order to be endorsed by ONSA and the university of Mississippi you must have a complete application by the campus deadline.
STEP 2: Complete the Fellowship Interest Form (required)
STEP 3: Make an appointment with a Fellowship Advisor (strongly recommended)
STEP 4: If you apply for a national fellowship, you will need to complete the Nomination Permission Form and Waiver (required)